When trying to start Windows Vista Server Service you get the error code: Error 1068: Dependency Failed to Start
1. Disable security software such as Windows Firewall, anti-virus software and manually start Server service in Services window. Please visit the following website for detail steps:
How to Disable or Enable Vista Services
2. Try to start Computer Browser service to call for Server service. Computer Browser service is dependent on Server service.
3. Since the Server service supports file, print, and named-pipe sharing over the network. You can try to reinstall File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks to start the Server service.
1) Click Start, click Run, type ncpa.cpl in the Open box, and then click OK.
2) Right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
3) Click the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, and then click Uninstall.
4) Click Install.
5) In the Network Service list, click File and Print Sharing for Microsoft Networks, and then click OK.
6) Click Close.
4. Check the permission of Server service in Registry.
1) Open Registry by pressing WIN + R, typing in regedit, hitting Enter.
2) Navigate to Server service entry:
3) Right click on this item and click Permissions.
4) Add the current user with full control.
5) Restart the computer and try to turn on Server service again.
5. If neither of above works, Server service system files may be corrupted. I may need to suggest that perform a System Repair to narrow down the issue.
Note: Please ensure that the DVD-ROM is the first booting device.
1) Please insert the Windows Vista DVD and reboot the computer.
2) When we are prompted to press a key to boot from the DVD, please press Enter or the space bar.
3) Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
4) Click Repair your computer.
5) Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
6) On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem, and if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.